The Office of Environmental Health and Safety is a staff function within the portfolio of the Vice President, Human Resources and Equity .
EH&S provides a broad range of health and safety services to the University community.
"The mission of the EH&S Department is to ensure that an environmentally responsible, safe and healthy work, research and study environment exists at the University of Toronto.
We do this by being proactive in identifying risks and emerging issues and by developing and implementing innovative, practical and sustainable processes to manage them, including training and awareness, teaching, provision of expert advice, emergency response and assurance.
Through close collaboration with all members of the University c ommunity we establish and maintain health and safety systems that are widely acknowledged to be of excellent quality and that, while not limiting or impeding academic freedom and freedom of research, maintain a high level of safety ."
- NEW! ChemWatch: New Tool for Labs & Mercury Thermometer Exchange Program
- OUR WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER RENOVATION. Please contact us if you have trouble viewing any pages.
- NEW! Online Accident/Incident eform for Employees
- NEW! Online Accident/Incident eform for Students, Contractors and Visitors
- NEW! Laboratory Chemical Safety course EHS courses
- NEW! School of Continuing Studies EHS courses
- NEW! Blood-Borne Pathogens Course is now available more >>
- Online Registration
To register for any of the following courses: Radiation Protection; Laser Safety; X-Ray Safety; Sealed Sources Online Training, Click here
- WHMIS Online Training
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training is now available online.
- UPDATED Lab Haz Waste Manual
Looking for information on the NEW Biological Waste procedures? Check out the on-line Laboratory Haz Waste Manual.
- Cryogens Standard
Standard for Usage of Inert Cryogens in the Laboratory.
- EHS Events Calendar
Checkout the Office of Environmental Health and Safety calendar for up and coming events, or feel free to post health and Safety related events happening.